March 3, 4 & 5, 2019
Join us on a magical trip to a Mexico you probably don’t know. Take the road less traveled with Mexigo and discover many wonderful surprises. You will visit Tzintzuntzan, one of the main archaeological sites of western Mexico and home of the Tarasco Empire, based next to Lake Patzcuaro. This culture was ruled from this great ancient city.
We will stay at the beautiful Hotel & Suites San Antonio on the outskirts of Tlalpujahua a “Pueblo Mágico” (Magical Village), also known as the “Town of the Eternal Christmas”. Where you will finds hundreds of family owned workshops which make blown glass Christmas ornaments. Christmas is here all year round. There is literally a permanent Christmas Village and ornament shops where you will be able to buy incredible and unique glass ornaments. You will get the chance to visit one of these workshops and see how they make these beautiful creations.
We will go to “Santuario de la Mariposa Monarca Sierra Chincua”, one of the 8 butterfly sanctuaries in Michoacán. This sanctuary has beautiful mountain views, cliffs, creeks, forest and millions of monarch butterflies and is less steep than most, not requiring horses. You can stay close to the entrance and have a wonderful experience. Or if you want to experience the largest concentration of butterflies, you can walk the 1.5 mile paths to the center of the sanctuary where you will find butterflies covering every inch of the area.
You will have an afternoon free that you can use to rest after the butterflies visit, or you can choose to explore Tlalpujahua. Enjoy its churches, houses, restaurants, stores, ornament workshops and the main plaza.
This will be a unique experience, a glimpse of the hidden Mexico you may not know but have heard of. Join us and get the chance to know Mexico only through MexiGo.
March 3, 4 & 5, 2019
Ajijic – Tzintzuntzan – Tlalpujahua
- Leave at 8 AM from Black Coffee Gallery
- Arrive at Tzintzuntzan at 11:30 – 12:00 AM
- Take guided tour in English to the archeological site and visit the museum
- Lunch at Restaurante Las Yacatas Tzintzuntazan in front of the archeological site
- Leave 4 pm to Tlalpujahua
- Arrive at Hotel & Suites Mansión San Antonio around 6:30 PM
- Dinner at Hotel with traditional Mexican dishes
- Breakfast at hotel
- 9:00 AM Leave for the Sanctuary of Monarch Butterflies “Sierra Chincua”
- Arrive 10 AM at the sanctuary
- Have Lunch at the Sanctuary’s wide range of Mexican “fondas” and “puestos”
- Leave towards hotel at 2 PM and arrive at Hotel approx. 3 PM
- Free afternoon at Tlalpujahua, bus leaves at 5 PM and returns to hotel at 9 PM. Visit the town and enjoy at your own pace: the cathedral, the old houses, the main plaza and all the ornament shops.
- Dinner at hotel or one of the many restaurants in Tlalpujahua. If you want to have dinner at Tlalpujahua after the bus has left, you can ask for a Taxi at hotel Lobby or you can decide to enjoy a 15 minute walk towards town.
Tlalpujahua – Ajiijc
- Breakfast at Hotel
- 9:30 AM head to a Christmas glass sphere workshop so you can see manufacture process
- 11:00 AM visit the Christmas Village and visit town
- Lunch at Tlalpujahjua restaurant (pending name of restaurant)
- 2:00 PM head out towards Ajijic
- 6:30 PM arrive to Black Coffee Gallery
If you wish to pay for the extra fee to get a private room, please click there to pay the extra. Private rooms are limited.
Museum, santuario, and tour costs are included (during free afternoon, no costs are included)
Breakfast at hotel included in the price, any other meal or snacks are not included in price and must be covered by each guest
Sorry, No refunds