Visit the Magical Town of Tapalpa (Pueblo Mágico), Tapalpa is located in the midst of a lush woody landscape. Its splendor and simplicity come from its white houses with red tile roofs that combine perfectly with its natural beauty, architecture and tranquility. Tapalpa is a unique place that offers something for everybody.
Every activity is surrounded by magic. You will feel the pure air running through your veins when you walk down the cobblestone streets of this peaceful “Magical Town”, when you browse the souvenir stands surrounded by walkways shaded by immense trees, when you gaze upon the temples and notice that between each crack of the cement overflowing vegetation breaks out, inviting you to live the natural adventure that only Tapalpa can offer.
Additionally, you can buy handcrafted items made with woven wool, such as jorongos, blankets, and bags; or baskets, hats and fans made with pine needles. The warmth of its inhabitants and beautiful spaces contrast with the annual average temperature that rounds 16°C.
On this one day excursion you will be able see
- Las Piedrotas
- Temple of Nuestra Señora de la Merced
- Main Square
- Tapalpa Market
- Crafts Market
- Ex Hospital de Indios (traditional medicine based on herbs and plants)
- Tapalpa Country Club’s Casona with a panoramic view of the valley and dam
We will have an early lunch or late breakfast at Paulino’s restaurant with a wonderful view of the main square and we will have dinner at La Casona, the club house of the Tapalpa Country Club and we’ll enjoy an amazing panoramic view from the mountain to the valley where the lake created by the dam is and we will be able to catch a glimpse of the Volcan de Colima of to the distance.
- Pick up – 7:00 AM behind Black Coffee Gallery
- Arrival at Las Piedrotas – 9:15 AM
Arrival for Lunch at Paulinos (Tapalpa main square): 10:30 AM
- Free time at Tapalpa center where you can see the main square, temple, old church, crafts market, tapalpa market, souvenirs, etc.
- Departure for Ex Hospital de Indios (Traditional herbal and plant medicine): 1:00 PM
- Departure for Casona at Tapalpa Country Club: 2:00 PM
- Departure for Ajijic: 5:30 PM
- Estimated time of Arrival to Ajijic: 8:00 PM
Those who do not wish to go the Ex Hospital de Indios, can stay at main square and will be picked up when we head towards Tapalpa Country Club.
We will go on a 19 passenger van, either Mercedes-Benz or Vollkswagen, both of them are very comfortable, cushy seats, we will play a movie on the way to Tapalpa and another one on the way back, and we will have ice cold water for you. Price includes breakfast/lunch at Paulinos (does not include alcoholic beverages). Does not include dinner cost.
Price per person: 850.00 pesos